Selecting Antidepressant for anxiety and depression
You must be familiar with the feelings like sadness, loss of interest, or feeling down in your daily activities routine. We all face such feelings occasionally, but when they start affecting our lives, it is the alert for depression. The leading cause of depression or anxiety is our daily hectic life schedule, unpleasant events, or irregular meals.
Depression is mental chaos that gives you feelings like sadness and loss of interest. It affects your daily life routine, trouble in the regular day-to-day tasks, and sometimes you feel very low. Most people find depression and anxiety as mental illnesses, but it’s not so. It is just mental chaos that needs proper treatment and self-care. Do not get discouraged with your depression; little change in the routine and self makes you feel better.
The problem of depression is mainly found in adults. A study says that one in15 adults every year faces the problem of depression, and 1 in 6 people experience anxiety at some point in time. The study says that women, in comparison to men, women mainly experience depression. One-third of the women population experience depression in their lifetime.
Symptoms of depression and anxiety may vary from person to person. Some common symptoms of depression are
- change in appetite
- depressed mood
- irregular sleeping
- lack of concentration
Depression is common among women in comparison to men. Some symptoms that are most common in females are-
- premenstrual dysphoric disorder
- postpartum depression
- mood swings or irritability
- excessive drinking of alcohol
- anger issue
- avoiding family and ignoring family responsibility
- difficulty in concentration
- sleeping too much
- withdrawing from family and friends
Depression is not common in children. Only 3% of children face depression; some common symptoms are-
- vocal outbursts
- low energy
Causes of depression and anxiety
The leading cause of depression and anxiety is still undiscovered. It involves various factors like
- Hormonal imbalance or changes in the body trigger your depression. Hormonal changes during pregnancy, after delivery, monthly menstrual cycle, menopause or thyroid, or other condition.
- Depression is also a genetic problem. It is commonly examined that people whose families have any past depression problem can also experience depression at some point in time.
- The neurotransmitter in the brain plays a vital role in depression. Any changes in the functioning that affects neurotransmitter are involved in mood swings or depression.
- Events also play a vital role in changing the mood. Significant events like a new job or losing a job, retirement, or the end of any relationship lead you towards depression.
The critical difference between depression and anxiety
Depression and anxiety are the two most common mental issues. We hear these commonly during the conversation, but only a few of us know the difference between them. The primary difference between them is found in their symptoms. It is not necessary that people dealing with depression also experience anxiety or vice versa. But there are few cases of people with both issues.
Anxiety is the symptom of significant depression. It is also possible that your anxiety disorder triggers your depression. Symptoms both improve with the help of some counseling, medication, or therapy. Changes in lifestyle, sleeping habits, regular exercise, and stress reduction techniques help improve the condition of both anxiety and depression.
The most significant difference between both lies in their definition. Depression is a mood disorder, but anxiety is not the same. Anxiety is the feeling of fear, stress, or hopelessness. But it does not have a long-term low mood.
Can you have both anxiety and depression at the same time?
Depression and anxiety are two different mental illnesses; they rarely occur together. Symptoms of both overlap. People experiencing symptoms of anxiety are similar to the people experiencing depression. Feeling low or stressed from time to time is expected. But the severe or ongoing low mood is a sign of mental illness. Indication when you have both anxiety and depression
- difficulty in sleeping
- change in eating habits
- trouble on remembering
- headache, difficulty in breathing
- feeling tired
- constant sadness
- suffering from panic attacks
Treatment for depression and anxiety
Depression and anxiety are both different, but they share the same treatments. A combination of this treatment is used to treat both at the same time.
Each therapy plays a different role in treating the illness.
- CBT or cognitive behavioral therapy- you will learn to manage your behavior, thoughts, reaction, and behavior with the treatment.
- Problem-solving therapy helps in focusing on the skills to get control of your feelings and mood.
- Interpersonal therapy focuses on enhancing communication. Better communication helps you to express yourself. Because the major of any mental illness is that you don’t communicate with anyone, this therapy enables you to express yourself.
While treating anxiety, antidepressants play a vital role. SSRIs and SNRIs are effective for treating such mental illnesses. Some of them include benzodiazepine, like diazepam, alprazolam (xanax), buspirone, lorazepam.
Buy Xanax online for the treatment from our website. We offer medicines without any prescription. These drugs are highly addictive, so they are advised not for long-term usage. They give side effects like drowsiness or lack of concentration.
Other drugs that are used to treat anxiety are-
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), like citalopram, oxalate (Lexapro), fluvoxamine (Luvox), sertraline (Zoloft), and paroxetine HRI (Paxil).
- Selective serotonin and norepinephrine inhibitors (SNRIs), like desvenlafaxine succinate (Pristiq), levomilinacipran (Fetzima), and desvenlafaxine (Khedezla),
- Vortioxetine (Trintellix) and vilazodone are newly arrived medicines that act both as SSRIs and SNRIs.
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors, like phenelzine (Nardil), isocarboxazid (Marplan), and tranylcypromine (Parnate).
- Tricyclic antidepressants like imipramine, nortriptyline, and Sinequan
- Bupropion (Wellbutrin) is a drug with a unique mechanism.
- I-methylfolate (Deplin) has proven to be a successful Antidepressant. It helps to regulate neurotransmitters, which controls mood.
Antidepressants are popular treatments for anxiety. However, they do not cure the illness but reduce the symptoms. Not every Antidepressant needs to be effective for you. If one is not adequate, you can try the other. They can give you moderate to severe side effects, so always make sure that you are taking these drugs under medical supervision only,
Tips for managing symptoms of depression and anxiety
In addition, to regular treatment from the specialist, these tips will help you manage your symptoms. These tips are not for everyone and may not be practical every time. So take the suggestion of the specialist before acknowledging the tips.
The aim of these tips to manage the illness is to make your recovery fast and easy. You can try these suggestions with your medical treatment.
- Make yourself feel that it’s not your fault- Any mental illness is not a significant disease. Depression and anxiety are only mental conditions; you are not responsible for that. Do not feel accountable for this because what you think affects your mind, triggering your depression.
- Do something that makes you feel confident- The primary cause of depression is that you don’t feel worthy. Always think positive and feel excellent.
- Eat nutritions- Try to add nutrition to your daily meal like apples or nuts. When you feel depressed, eat what you like or such food that brings you happiness.
- Follow a proper sleeping schedule- Getting enough sleep is very important for a healthy mind and body. Make a schedule for a reasonable 6 to 7 hours of sleep.
- Plan your holidays- Negativity around yourself is also responsible for depression. Are you are feeling low, go for a vacation. Plan your holidays between the nature. It will bring positive thoughts.
- Make proper day schedule- A proper routine sometimes becomes helpful for treating depression. It provides you time for yourself for self-care treatments.
- Physical exercises- A healthy body brings a healthy mind, and physical activity brings a healthy body. Do yoga, meditation, and other light exercises to keep your body healthy.